Have you ever wondered what is the secret of wigs that look real? Wigs are so great to wear these days and it’s so popular at the moment with the likes of celebs such as Kim K, Kylie Jenner, Cardi B to name a few wearing them. Some Instagram influencers and You-Tubers love wearing wigs to show off their sense of style. Hair colouring can cause real damage to the hair and hence why quite a lot of people wear wigs, it can be dyed in any colour you desire. It can often be the centerpiece of your outfit.
Here is all you need to know to about what to look for in a wig for a realistic look.
What kind of wigs look most natural?
The most real looking wigs are monofilament wigs that have lace fronts, why because their structure works on a micro-level, they look like the real scalp and look absolutely authentic. Each hair is sewed
through the cap, which is the base of the wig. They are the wigs that look most real.
They are made with utmost precision and accuracy to give a product, which pleases and satisfies the consumer. With a lace front available in a variety of colours, they camouflage at the front, making it absolutely impossible to tell if it’s a wig or real hair. This is the most natural-looking type of wigs out there.
Synthetic Lace Front Wigs
Synthetic lace front wigs look real and they can easily fit into your budget. They are available in a wide variety. Synthetic wigs that look real are the best option for those with a limited budget. They look very lustrous but often can look way glossier than needed. They can’t be styled with heat, but because of being affordable; you can buy a variety of them, in different styles, suited to your needs. This is a cost-friendly product; it’s a cheap wig that looks real.
Human Hair Lace Front Wigs
This product is one of the most popular in the wig market. Lace front option is the human hair wigs that look real. They can be styled with heat; they can be coloured as you desire. They look natural and have a texture of real human hair. They are much lighter on the head. These are wigs that look real and are affordable. They effortlessly look natural.
A Natural-Looking Pre-plucked Hairline
The most important component of any wig, that makes it look natural, is its hairline. Everyone loves a nice hairline, which has small baby hairs. The perfect pre-plucked hairline makes the wig look real
and makes it fit your face shape perfectly.
Measuring the Correct Wig Size for a Natural Look
It is essential to find the perfect fit of your wig; you need to get all the right measurements around your head and hairline. Here is a list of things you should measure, the distance between your hairline and forehead,between the hairline and behind the ears, and between the hairline and the nape of the neck. Take the distance from one ear to another. Measure the running length of your hairline the sides of the head, top of the head, and the back bottom of the head. All these measurements should help you figure out the perfect size of the wig you want to buy.
Buying the Right Wig According to Your Face Shape
Here is a list of face shapes, and the features of the wig that will suit your face shape the best.
- Diamond face shape – a wig, which has a volume around the forehead, and a short length of hair, this will enhance the sharp cheekbones of the face.
- Heart-shaped face – wigs, which have fringes, or bangs, to hide the wide forehead, long hairstyles, which have a lot of layering, to compliment the lower jaw is recommended.
- Oval shaped face – all wigs complement this face shape, be it curly, long, shorts, all styles work because of the versatility of this face.
- Round shaped face – long hair styled wigs, with the volume on the side at a side parting are best suitable, to give more structure to the face.
- Pear-shaped face – short types of hair styled wigs, with bangs or fringes or voluminous hair on the top, make the face more appealing.
- Square shaped face – soft waves and short hair styled wigs, give a softer look to the face
- Oblong shaped face – natural looking wigs with curls, waves which have length and layering work best with this shape.
How to style your wig to make it look natural?
There are several techniques and tricks, to make your wigs look perfect and natural.
- Use a natural hair pre-plucked hairline, with baby hair popping out to give it a real and cute edge.
- Mess up your hair, a completely uniform and stiff wig, and look too perfect to be true, so mess up your hair, which gives the hair a bouncy and authentic look.
- Use wigs, which are made of real hair, and they look real and effortlessly flow, like your original hair.
- Use front laces that have the same skin tone, which makes them blend into your skin perfectly.
- Furthermore, you can also use makeup, to blend out your hairline, into your forehead and side.
- Trim the ends of your wig, a little messy and not too perfect ends, that gives it an all-natural look, and makes it look like real growth.
There are several things to keep in mind when buying wigs, the type, the fit, the purpose you need the wig for, your own budget, the aesthetic which suits you, and finding the perfect wig which compliments your face. Wigs are so cool and can give you the opportunity to switch up your look.